Sunday, June 1, 2014

Answer Me This: Volume 3



This week's installment of Answer Me This from www.catholicallyear.com! Feel free to comment below and answer the questions about yourself!

1. Do you have a smart phone?

Yes! I originally was against all forms of smart phones...I'm not really sure why. I think I just like to be a hipster like that. But one day my old dinosaur phone accidentally was left in my pocket (notice I refuse to admit that it was me who did it) and went through the wash. Phone store said it was beyond repair, but hey, they were giving away free iPhone 3Gs for those who signed up with the plan! At first I adamantly refused. Then after I thought about it, I caved. I kept that 3G until about a month ago when I upgraded to 5S (the phone people laughed when they saw I still had an "old" 3GS, which apparently is now considered a dinosaur phone) and OH MY GOSH SO FAST SO MANY THINGS OVERSTIMULATION!!!!! I mainly love it because of the camera quality!


2. Which is your favorite meal of the day?


Ummm...all of them? I really love cooking and eating. I guess if I had to choose I'd say dinner simply because that's when we usually eat together as a family! My favorite meal to go out to eat, though, is definitely breakfast. Pancakes and biscuits are something that, no matter how hard I try when I cook them myself, I cannot make taste as good as they do in a restaurant.

Foodie Family


3. Shower or bath?

Both! My shower time is my relaxing time. I hardly ever give Elizabeth baths because I love killing two birds with one stone so I just take her in the shower with me. BUT, if I am freezing cold (which tends to happen all the time unless I am hugely pregnant in the summer apparently) I LOVE taking a bath. And yes, I still take baths when I am pregnant. Technically that's a no-no but I love them too much (and I also personally feel like a lot of the things they say not to do while pregnant is a bit overkill).


4. Think of a person you love. How many days have you been in love with that person? (Don't worry, this site will do the math for you. And, hey, now you can order this card!)


My (senior?) year of college
How convenient! This question coming just weeks before my husband's and my 3 year wedding anniversary! I'm just going to say I fell in love with him in October of 2006 (we started dating in September of that year). Although I don't think my love for him in high school was as deep as it was in the last few years of college after I grew up a bit and got over that annoying "everything is about me" phase.
Result: (drumroll, please): 2800 days!!!





5. What's the best church you've ever been inside?

I've been inside some pretty awesome churches in Europe (Italy, Spain, and France). But honestly, my favorite church in the world is our home church of St. Peter's Cathedral. I really do think it's breathtakingly beautiful, and I have so many memories inside of that church. It holds a special place in my heart.
(Plus, it doesn't hurt that it has the best cry room EVER)

Chrism Mass 2014 at our church


6. Happy Feast of the Visitation (on Saturday)! Has anyone ever come to help YOU?

Ohhhh my gosh. The amount of help my husband and I have is unreal. I mean, really, we are unbelievably blessed. We live right next to both our parents (not literally next door, but in a 5-15 minute drive) and we have TONS of friends and family who help us. It is because of this that we are able to do all the things we do, like be in community orchestra, quintet, and go on regular date nights. Not only do we have help watching our daughter, but a lot of the people who help us ALSO help clean our house when they are over. It's truly amazing to me and we are so appreciative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Disagreements are fine, but please be nice :-)