Sunday, July 6, 2014

Answer Me This: Volume 8

This week's installment of Answer Me This! from catholicallyear.com




1. Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Once: District 9. Honestly, I don't even remember much about it. All I remember is that there was a scene in which they were torturing an alien (I think) and I was too upset to keep watching. I'm kind of a wuss in that way.

2. Do you abstain from meat on Fridays?





During Lent, yes. Other times, no. My husband is a huge meat eater, and abstaining from meat is very difficult for him. However, it's something that we've talked about doing as a family, since the tradition of the Catholic Church since before the 1960's. Put that on the checklist of "Things To Do."





3. What do you most often use for blogs and blogging: desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone?

Laptop! Trent got me a macbook for Christmas, right before Elizabeth was born. It's so great to have when nursing, and I like that I can take it anywhere in the house with me and be comfortable when I blog!

4. Have you ever had anything stolen from you?

I think I had a GPS stolen from me in college. But it's very possible that I misplaced it. I know, I know, you're thinking: "how the heck do you lose something like that?" Let's just say the level of scatterbrained-ness that defines me is sometimes unbelievable.

I also had a lot of money stolen in a hotel room once while I was on a high school band trip. Luckily I listened to my parents and kept my money in different places, so I wasn't broke for the whole trip.


This surely isn't a stereotype...
5. Do you identify as a member of a particular ethnic group?

Ya, Deutsch! I am about 75% German. My dad is almost 100% German, and my mom is about 50%. Interestingly enough, though, my last name I married into is English. So I kind of identify myself with that, even though I'm not technically blood-English myself.


6. Seen anything weird lately?

Yes. I went to a fireworks/laser show last night, and the laser show was definitely weird in my opinion. It kind of felt like a psychedelic 70's-esque sort of thing where everyone was tripped up on drugs. I wasn't really into it. But the fireworks for sure made up for it!

1 comment:

  1. My husband is the same way with the meat thing. If it doesn't have meat, he doesn't think it's a meal. Soooo strange/prohibitively expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! Disagreements are fine, but please be nice :-)