Sunday, June 22, 2014

Answer Me This: Volume 6

This week's installment of Answer Me This from catholicallyear.com!






 1. When's the last time you got a new bathing suit?

I got a new one piece speedo for Christmas last year. The one I had before lasted about 10 years, and I finally realized I needed a new one when it got covered with milk stains that wouldn't come out when I was nursing Elizabeth. I love one piece speedos because they are very modest and last for a long time. I also wear swim suit shorts over the speedo because I feel much more comfortable. Unfortunately, though, being due August 1st means I can't exactly fit into a speedo at the moment. 



2. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?

My mom. I left Elizabeth's milk cup at her work. Oops.

3. If you receive communion, do you receive it in the hands or on the tongue?

Tongue for sure. I'm not against people receiving in their hands. But I personally feel like receiving on the tongue is more respectful, and I want to show as much respect to Jesus as I possibly can. I also feel like it's easy for crumbs from the consecrated host to fall on my hands or the floor if I receive in my hands, so I'm eliminating that possibility as best as I can. Plus, let's not forget the part about holding a struggling toddler while receiving communion...you pretty much have to receive on your tongue unless you are an acrobat. 




4. Do you have a tattoo?

Heck no. Not only could I not pull off a tattoo, but I also have never had a desire to get one. So I never have. I'm not against tattoos, though, and think they can be done respectfully and tastefully. 

5. How many dinner plates are in your house?

12 small, 12 large! Wedding gifts!

6. Do you have an accent?

I don't think I do. But my family from out East says differently. I do tend to say "y'all" every once in awhile because I student taught in Kentucky. And apparently I say the word "hammock" and "bagel" weirdly. (Ham-ock, not ham-ick...bay-gul, not bah-gul)

BTW-I don't think this is entirely accurate. But it's close.

6 comments:

  1. I love the graphic for the y'all distinction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposedly I'm supposed to be in the "y'all" category, but really, people in my area do not say that. But I think it's still close!

      Delete
  2. Well, luckily for you, I have a hard time taking people who pronounce it "bah-gul" seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even knew I pronounced it weirdly until college. I'm not sure why I do. It's not a local dialect...perhaps I'm just weird. But regardless, bah-guls are still delicious no matter how you pronounce it!

      Delete
  3. fun graphic! i'm def in the 'you guys' group. and oh, boy, I hear ya on the challenges of finding something to wear on the pregnant body to the beach!
    http://clairesacrificeofpraise.blogspot.com/2014/06/answer-me-this-getting-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I also find wearing bathing suits while pregnant extremely uncomfortable and itchy!

      Delete

Feel free to comment! Disagreements are fine, but please be nice :-)